Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and far better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of actual pet healthy protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does appear that several dogs that have actually formerly experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the top component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a excellent justification to round off the gelato), I review the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I need to say– truly, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to an additional without any progressive change is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I always examine folks who declare that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, before finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any type of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and also the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of problem toys, I was at first a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just made a decision to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is very calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually born witness observing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I see any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indications of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t right away discover up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his damaging as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and scratching a lot more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will experiment with various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as effort saved given that you won’t require to routinely go to PetSmart and lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could also indicate less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving major cash gradually as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may minimize some wellness issues and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for careful managing like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not compatible with a lot of puzzle playthings
- A little a lot more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog great grub.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an impressive component listing. While Ollie is a terrific option for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines that are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth attempting and reviewing on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you might have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can also get wonderful discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?