Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, and far better total health for their canines.
- Special price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of genuine pet protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that numerous dogs that have actually formerly endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the top component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the gelato), I go through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– really, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any steady change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I always examine folks who assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to lastly switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly seems to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of problem playthings, I was originally a little nervous about changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also wet , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just decided to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it exercised great.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding tool to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have born witness seeing a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, improved power and also– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did discover a few large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all general indicators of enhanced wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t immediately observe up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his scratching as well as licking . I didn’t make any particular note or observations regarding his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching as well as damaging much more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, indicating that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will explore various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size and also demands of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing cost vs value.
For one, free distribution means time as well as initiative conserved because you will not require to consistently go to PetSmart as well as haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might additionally mean fewer trips to the vet’s office, saving major cash money with time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying and also exploring with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some wellness concerns and also allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not need cautious handling like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with most problem playthings
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog terrific grub, absolutely give Ollie a try.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of pets who are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth trying and also assessing for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can likewise obtain wonderful price cuts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?