Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, more power, as well as much better total wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of real pet protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that lots of dogs that have actually previously experienced some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish contains a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his consumes– simply a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I review the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I need to state– really, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more with no steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I always examine individuals that assert that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to finally switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never earned any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly seems to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the large amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of problem playthings.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just chose to start utilizing much more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is very soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have born witness seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergies, enhanced power and– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I observe any type of modification in Remy? I did observe a few large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic indicators of enhanced health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not right away discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his scratching and also licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any certain note or monitorings regarding his itching.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging a lot even more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly explore other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie prices about anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond many pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also effort conserved because you will not require to consistently visit PetSmart and lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can additionally mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving severe cash gradually and also potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least exploring and attempting with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some health concerns and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need cautious handling like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of problem toys
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog wonderful grub, definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component list. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines that are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth attempting and examining for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and also it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can likewise get great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?