Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, and also much better overall wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of real pet protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that several canines that have actually formerly experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the top active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his eats– just a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I review the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I need to state– really, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another without any steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine individuals who declare that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never gained any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or rests until I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and the large quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous regarding changing to fresh dog food since Remy definitely enjoys eating his dinner out of challenge toys.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and also sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is very soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergies, enhanced energy and also– sometimes– also some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I notice any kind of sort of modification in Remy? I did notice a few large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all basic signs of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t immediately notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his scraping and licking . I really did not make any type of particular note or observations concerning his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, indicating that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly try out other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and initiative saved considering that you won’t require to frequently go to PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could additionally suggest fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving serious cash money gradually and possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not forget– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at least trying and also exploring with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may ease some health and wellness concerns as well as allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require mindful managing like raw food does, while still providing a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with most problem playthings
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog fantastic grub, most definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great choice for any dog, proprietors of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying and assessing on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he loved the food, and it seems like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
But do not forget, you can also obtain great discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?