Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and far better total health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of real animal healthy protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that several pets that have actually formerly experienced some belly problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the top component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a excellent justification to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to claim– really, actually valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to another without any progressive transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine individuals that declare that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never gained any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or rests till I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was initially a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as damp , most of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just determined to start using a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is extremely comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually born witness seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergies, enhanced power and– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of change in Remy? I did see a few large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less smelly– all general indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t right away see until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his licking and scraping . I really did not make any kind of particular note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, suggesting that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension as well as needs of your dog, however Ollie prices roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of many pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time as well as initiative saved because you will not require to routinely visit PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can additionally indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious money with time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at least attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + may minimize some health problems and allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not call for careful handling like raw food does, while still providing a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many problem playthings
- A little more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog fantastic grub, certainly give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a great alternative for any dog, proprietors of pets that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at the very least worth attempting as well as assessing for yourself if the benefits are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those huge pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not forget, you can additionally get fantastic discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with several of the deals discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?