Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more power, as well as much better overall health for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of actual pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that several canines that have previously experienced some stomach issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the number one component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish has a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I review the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to say– actually, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to another without any gradual shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly examine folks that assert that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, before lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His change in mindset definitely seems to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried about changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of problem playthings.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking activity is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have actually born witness seeing a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, boosted power as well as– in many cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I notice any type of type of change in Remy? I did discover a few large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not instantly notice until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking and also scratching . I really did not make any type of particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping far more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, showing that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will experiment with various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size as well as requirements of your dog, however Ollie prices approximately anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be beyond numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing price vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time as well as effort conserved because you won’t need to routinely see PetSmart as well as carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can additionally mean less journeys to the vet’s office, conserving serious money over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying out as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + may relieve some health issues and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for careful managing like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of puzzle toys
- Slightly a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely give Ollie a try if you desire to offer your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an impressive ingredient list. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, proprietors of canines that are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth attempting and also evaluating on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he loved the food, as well as it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs call for ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t neglect, you can also get amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with several of the offers discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?