Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, more energy, and better total wellness for their pets.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of genuine pet healthy protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that several pet dogs that have actually previously endured some belly issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious components.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his eats– just a great justification to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I have to claim– really, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to an additional with no progressive transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly examine individuals that claim that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can have to do with not correctly moving your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever earned any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to begin making use of more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually born witness noticing a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergies, improved power as well as– in many cases– also some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of change in Remy? I did see a couple of large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic signs of better health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t instantly discover up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking as well as scraping . I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and also scraping a lot even more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie costs roughly anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of several pet parents’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it is worth thinking about a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and effort conserved given that you won’t need to frequently check out PetSmart and carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could also imply fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving major cash money with time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying and experimenting with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some health and wellness concerns and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful managing like raw food does, while still giving several of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with most puzzle toys
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog excellent grub, most definitely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, owners of canines that are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth evaluating and also trying on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of incredible changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can also get wonderful discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?