Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, as well as better total health for their pet dogs.
- Unique price cut for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does seem that several canines that have actually previously experienced some tummy issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the number one ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his consumes– just a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I have to state– really, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to another with no steady shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always examine people who declare that a particular brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might relate to not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever made any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly seems to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and damp , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just decided to begin making use of extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and the licking activity is really comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have born witness observing a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in many cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general indicators of better health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not immediately discover until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his licking as well as scratching . I didn’t make any specific note or observations concerning his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and damaging much more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension and demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and initiative saved because you won’t require to frequently check out PetSmart as well as haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might likewise suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant cash money over time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of at the very least exploring and attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some wellness concerns as well as allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still giving several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with many puzzle playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a shot if you desire to use your dog excellent grub.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a great option for any dog, owners of dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting and evaluating for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t forget, you can likewise obtain amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with several of the offers mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?