Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more power, and much better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of genuine pet healthy protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that lots of pet dogs that have actually formerly suffered some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the leading ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy components.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– just a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I review the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to claim– really, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to another without any progressive transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly question folks that assert that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can have to do with not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely seems to show that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of problem playthings, I was originally a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to start utilizing extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have actually testified to discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and– in many cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I notice any kind of change in Remy? I did see a couple of large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic indications of enhanced wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not immediately discover till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking as well as scratching . I really did not make any specific note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and scraping much more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will experiment with various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this might be beyond numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
However– it deserves considering several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as effort conserved considering that you won’t require to regularly go to PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could likewise imply less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving severe cash money in time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of experimenting as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might ease some wellness issues and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for careful handling like raw food does, while still giving several of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with most problem playthings
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog terrific grub, most definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an excellent ingredient list. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, owners of dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at least worth trying and also examining for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any type of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he adored the food, and it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can also obtain great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?