Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more power, and better overall health for their pets.
- Special discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of real pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does seem that lots of dogs that have actually formerly experienced some stomach problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the leading active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– simply a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I need to say– really, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another without any gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly question folks who claim that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to lastly switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, and the large quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was originally a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also wet , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to begin making use of extra LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergies, improved energy and also– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I notice any kind of sort of modification in Remy? I did notice a few huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general signs of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t quickly see until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking as well as damaging . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or monitorings regarding his irritation.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The specific cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing cost vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and initiative conserved because you will not require to frequently check out PetSmart as well as haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might likewise mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major cash in time and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might minimize some health and wellness issues and allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require careful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many challenge playthings
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly offer Ollie a try if you want to use your dog terrific grub.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an remarkable ingredient list. While Ollie is a terrific option for any kind of dog, owners of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth examining and also attempting on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he loved the food, and it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger canines need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet don’t neglect, you can additionally get wonderful price cuts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?