Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and far better overall health for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of actual pet protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does appear that numerous pets that have formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy components.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– simply a great excuse to round off the gelato), I go through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to state– truly, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more without any steady change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always question folks that claim that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could have to do with not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of problem playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as damp , most of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just made a decision to start utilizing more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have actually born witness seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergies, enhanced power and also– in many cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic indications of better wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t promptly notice till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking and damaging . I didn’t make any specific note or observations regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot even more than he did in the past.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly explore various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension as well as needs of your dog, however Ollie prices about anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves considering several of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and effort conserved since you won’t need to frequently see PetSmart and also haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might additionally imply less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe cash money with time and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least exploring and also trying with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness problems as well as allergy issues
- Smaller, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful handling like raw food does, while still supplying some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a try if you want to provide your dog excellent grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any dog, proprietors of canines that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth assessing and also trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any type of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, as well as it looks like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can also obtain superb discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?