Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, as well as far better general wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of real animal healthy protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does seem that numerous pet dogs that have actually previously experienced some belly concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the leading ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his eats– just a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to claim– actually, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more without any progressive shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine people who claim that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, before lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely seems to show that he’s a big follower. That, and also the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge playthings.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and damp , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just chose to start utilizing much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have actually testified to discovering a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergies, enhanced power and also– sometimes– also some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I discover any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a few large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less smelly– all basic indicators of enhanced health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t promptly observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of specific note or observations regarding his itchiness.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and also scratching a lot more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will explore various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and also demands of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of many pet parents’ spending plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and also initiative conserved since you will not require to frequently go to PetSmart as well as carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might also indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving serious money with time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least trying out as well as trying with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some wellness problems as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require careful taking care of like raw food does, while still giving several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with a lot of problem playthings
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a try if you desire to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any kind of dog, owners of canines that are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth trying as well as examining for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any type of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, as well as it appears like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you may have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
But do not neglect, you can likewise get great discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?