Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, more power, as well as better general health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of actual pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does appear that numerous dogs that have previously suffered some stomach concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the top ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his eats– simply a good justification to round off the gelato), I go through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I need to say– really, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional without any steady transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always question folks who claim that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever earned any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to get very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in attitude definitely seems to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little nervous regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp and also sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply decided to start making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and the licking activity is really comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted power and also– in many cases– also some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all general signs of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t quickly notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his licking as well as scraping . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or observations concerning his itching.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will trying out other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie prices about anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this may be beyond several pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining cost vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time and initiative saved considering that you will not require to consistently see PetSmart as well as haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might also imply fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious cash over time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the concept of a minimum of trying and also trying out with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + might reduce some health concerns as well as allergy issues
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful managing like raw food does, while still providing several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with many problem playthings
- A little a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog fantastic grub, certainly provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent option for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines who are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth trying and assessing on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, as well as it feels like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, be careful– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can also obtain wonderful price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?