Is Ollie Good Dog Food
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more power, as well as much better total wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of actual pet healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that several dogs that have formerly suffered some stomach issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his consumes– simply a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– truly, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more without any gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always question folks who declare that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might have to do with not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never gained any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly seems to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and also the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food because Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to start using more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is extremely relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted power as well as– in some cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of improved wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not right away observe till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking and also scratching . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his itching.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot more than he did in the past.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will explore other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size as well as needs of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of several pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and also effort conserved considering that you will not need to regularly see PetSmart and carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might likewise indicate less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash money gradually and also potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the concept of at least trying out and also trying with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might ease some wellness concerns and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog wonderful grub, definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an excellent active ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth examining and also trying on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can additionally obtain superb discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?