Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as far better total wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique price cut for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of real animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that numerous pets that have previously suffered some tummy concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his eats– just a good excuse to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I need to state– really, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional with no steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly question individuals who declare that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could have to do with not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely appears to show that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys eating his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was initially a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply chose to begin using extra LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is extremely calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have born witness discovering a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergies, boosted energy and also– in many cases– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I discover any sort of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all general indicators of better health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not instantly see till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his scratching and licking . I really did not make any type of certain note or observations regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did in the past.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, showing that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will try out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie prices roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be outside of numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time as well as initiative conserved because you won’t need to frequently go to PetSmart as well as lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could also indicate fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving major cash in time and potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least attempting as well as trying out with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + might relieve some wellness issues as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need mindful managing like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of problem playthings
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a try if you desire to supply your dog terrific grub.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pets who are particular eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth assessing and trying for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he adored the food, as well as it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those big pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally get superb price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?