Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, as well as much better general wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of real animal healthy protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does seem that numerous pets that have previously experienced some belly issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the number one ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other tasty components.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his consumes– simply a good excuse to round off the gelato), I check out the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to claim– actually, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another without any steady change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always examine folks who declare that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or rests till I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp as well as sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply decided to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is really relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have born witness observing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– in some cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I discover any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all general signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not promptly notice up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his damaging and licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations regarding his itchiness.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and also scratching much even more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will explore various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the dimension and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, free delivery means time as well as effort conserved considering that you won’t need to frequently see PetSmart as well as lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could also indicate less journeys to the vet’s office, conserving significant cash money with time and possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some wellness problems and also allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious managing like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most challenge playthings
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a try if you desire to provide your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an impressive active ingredient list. While Ollie is a great alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of canines that are picky eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth evaluating as well as trying on your own if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he adored the food, and also it looks like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain superb discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?