Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, more energy, and also much better overall health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large quantities of real pet protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that numerous dogs that have previously endured some tummy problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the top active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his consumes– just a excellent excuse to round off the gelato), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to say– really, truly valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more without any gradual shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always examine folks that claim that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, before finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever made any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or rests till I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food because Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to start making use of extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have born witness observing a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergies, boosted energy as well as– in many cases– even some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic signs of improved health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not immediately observe up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking as well as damaging . I really did not make any specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs value.
For one, free delivery means time as well as initiative conserved because you will not require to consistently see PetSmart and haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can likewise indicate less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving severe money in time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least trying and also exploring with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may relieve some health issues and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with most problem playthings
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog great grub, definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an impressive component list. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any type of dog, owners of pets who are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth examining as well as trying for yourself if the benefits are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any type of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he loved the food, and it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines need ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can also get great discounts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the offers discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?