Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and far better total health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of real pet protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does appear that several dogs that have previously experienced some tummy concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the number one ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his eats– simply a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I have to state– truly, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more without any progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always question individuals who declare that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever earned any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or rests till I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely seems to show that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and sticky , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to start making use of much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted power and also– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I observe any kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all general indications of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not right away observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his damaging and licking . I didn’t make any kind of particular note or observations regarding his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will try out other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will rely on the size and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie prices about anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be outside of many pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating price vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as initiative saved since you won’t need to consistently go to PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might likewise mean fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious money over time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least exploring as well as attempting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might minimize some health issues and allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require careful handling like raw food does, while still offering several of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with most challenge playthings
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just doesn’t function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to use your dog excellent grub.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an excellent component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any dog, proprietors of dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth examining and attempting for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any remarkable changes in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he adored the food, and also it appears like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can also obtain great discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?