Is Ollie Dog Food Processed With Hpp
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Several owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, and much better total health for their pets.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including big quantities of real animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does appear that many dogs that have actually formerly experienced some tummy problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– just a good excuse to round off the ice cream), I review the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to say– truly, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more with no gradual change is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine folks who claim that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might concern not correctly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly appears to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried regarding switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and wet , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to start making use of a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to use together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in some cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I notice any kind of change in Remy? I did see a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t quickly discover up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking as well as scraping . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or observations regarding his itchiness.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and scraping a lot even more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will explore other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size and also needs of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining price vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and also initiative conserved considering that you won’t require to frequently visit PetSmart as well as haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can additionally suggest less journeys to the vet’s office, saving significant cash over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of a minimum of trying out and trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + may relieve some health problems and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of problem playthings
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an excellent ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth reviewing as well as trying on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he loved the food, and it looks like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise get amazing price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?