Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, as well as far better general wellness for their canines.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of actual animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that several canines that have actually previously experienced some belly problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the number one ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– simply a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I go through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to claim– really, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another without any steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly question people who assert that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can concern not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever gained any sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in perspective absolutely appears to show that he’s a large follower. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried about switching over to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of challenge toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and damp , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just made a decision to start making use of extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite incredible tool to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is really calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergies, boosted power as well as– sometimes– also some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I notice any kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of better health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not instantly discover till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking and damaging . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings regarding his itching.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will explore various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The specific cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, however Ollie prices approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about several of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and initiative conserved since you won’t need to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could additionally suggest fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving significant cash in time and also possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at least trying and also exploring with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some health and wellness issues as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not require mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of problem playthings
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog terrific grub, certainly provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any kind of dog, owners of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying and also examining on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, beware– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can likewise obtain great price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?