Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, and also better overall health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of real pet protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does seem that lots of pets that have actually previously endured some belly issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious components.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– just a great justification to round off the ice cream), I go through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to say– really, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more with no steady change is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine people that claim that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can involve not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to finally switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely seems to show that he’s a big fan. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of puzzle playthings, I was originally a little worried concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as damp , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start using a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is very soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, improved power and– sometimes– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all basic indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t promptly discover up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and damaging . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his itching.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot even more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will trying out other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this may be beyond many pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth thinking about a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing price vs value.
For one, free shipment means time and effort saved given that you won’t require to on a regular basis check out PetSmart as well as carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might additionally suggest fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, saving serious money with time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of at least trying out and trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some wellness issues and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need cautious managing like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with the majority of problem playthings
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely offer Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a great choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth attempting and also reviewing on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any type of amazing changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, as well as it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger canines need ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t forget, you can additionally obtain wonderful discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?