Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, as well as much better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of actual animal protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does appear that several dogs that have formerly experienced some belly issues or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I read through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to state– really, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional with no progressive shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always examine individuals who declare that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could have to do with not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never gained any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous about changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of problem toys.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply chose to begin utilizing more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible device to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is extremely calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have born witness seeing a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergies, improved energy as well as– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I discover any type of type of change in Remy? I did observe a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less smelly– all general indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not immediately discover until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his scraping as well as licking . I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings regarding his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will explore various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of several pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time as well as effort conserved since you won’t need to regularly see PetSmart and carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could also suggest less trips to the vet’s office, saving significant money over time and potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least trying out and trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + may minimize some health and wellness concerns and allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not call for cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with many puzzle toys
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog wonderful grub, absolutely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific option for any dog, proprietors of dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth assessing and trying for yourself if the benefits are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he adored the food, as well as it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can likewise get amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the offers stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?