Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, and far better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of real animal protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that numerous dogs that have formerly experienced some belly issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the leading ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe includes a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his consumes– simply a excellent reason to round off the gelato), I read through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to state– truly, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to an additional without any gradual change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always question people who declare that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might concern not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or rests till I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of problem toys, I was initially a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply decided to begin utilizing much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have actually born witness noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved power and– sometimes– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I discover any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not instantly observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking and scratching . I really did not make any certain note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and scraping much more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, showing that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly trying out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size as well as requirements of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this may be beyond many pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing price vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time and effort saved considering that you won’t require to routinely go to PetSmart and carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can additionally indicate fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving significant cash money over time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at least attempting and trying out with fresh dog food far more possible, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may minimize some health problems and also allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not need careful handling like raw food does, while still giving some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with most problem toys
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly offer Ollie a shot if you desire to provide your dog great grub.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth trying and examining on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain wonderful price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?