Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Several proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, as well as better total health for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of real animal protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does seem that several dogs that have formerly suffered some tummy issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the number one ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his eats– just a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I check out the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I have to claim– actually, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Much easier cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another with no steady transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always question individuals that assert that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might relate to not correctly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever earned any sort of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly appears to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was at first a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to start using much more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and the licking movement is extremely comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergies, improved energy and also– sometimes– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I notice any type of kind of change in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less stinky– all basic signs of better health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t quickly discover till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking and damaging . I didn’t make any type of certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot even more than he did in the past.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, showing that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and effort saved given that you will not require to consistently check out PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can additionally suggest fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious money with time and also potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may reduce some wellness issues and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not call for mindful handling like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most problem playthings
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog terrific grub, certainly give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth examining and attempting for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, beware– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t neglect, you can likewise get fantastic discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?