Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and also better general health for their canines.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does seem that numerous dogs that have actually previously endured some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the number one component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a good reason to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to say– actually, actually valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more with no progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly question folks that claim that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, before lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never gained any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely appears to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, and the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to begin making use of much more LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have testified to seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in many cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any kind of change in Remy? I did observe a couple of large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic signs of better wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t instantly notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and also damaging much even more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size and also requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as initiative saved given that you will not require to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and also lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might likewise imply less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving significant cash money with time and potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food much more possible, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some wellness problems and allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not call for mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of problem playthings
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog terrific grub, definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth trying and evaluating on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he adored the food, and it looks like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t neglect, you can additionally obtain superb discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?