Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Several owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, more power, and also much better total wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large quantities of actual animal healthy protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that numerous pet dogs that have actually previously endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the number one component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a good reason to finish off the gelato), I review the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to claim– actually, actually useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks who declare that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not correctly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any type of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or rests until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude definitely appears to show that he’s a big follower. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food because Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of puzzle playthings.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and also sticky , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to start making use of more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is really calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have testified to seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergies, boosted energy and– sometimes– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not right away notice until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking and scratching . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any certain note or observations concerning his itching.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot even more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly try out other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time as well as effort saved because you will not require to frequently go to PetSmart and also haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can additionally suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving significant money gradually and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying and trying out with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + may reduce some health and wellness issues and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not call for careful managing like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with a lot of problem playthings
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog fantastic grub, most definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an excellent active ingredient list. While Ollie is a great option for any dog, proprietors of pets that are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth examining and also trying on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t forget, you can also get amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?