Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as far better general health for their pets.
- Special price cut for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of actual pet protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does seem that lots of dogs that have previously experienced some stomach concerns or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the number one ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty components.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his consumes– just a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I review the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I have to say– truly, actually useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another without any steady change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I always examine individuals who declare that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, before lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never gained any kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly appears to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge toys, I was initially a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp as well as sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just determined to begin using much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to use together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is very soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have testified to noticing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I see any type of type of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all general indicators of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t quickly observe till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his scratching and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, indicating that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the dimension and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining price vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and also initiative saved since you won’t need to routinely visit PetSmart and also carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can additionally indicate less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving severe money over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least exploring as well as attempting with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some wellness issues and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Does not require mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with many puzzle playthings
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely offer Ollie a shot if you want to supply your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth assessing as well as trying on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger dogs need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However do not fail to remember, you can likewise obtain great discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?