Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, and also far better overall health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of actual animal healthy protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that several dogs that have actually formerly suffered some belly problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the leading active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– just a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I need to claim– really, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another with no steady transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always question individuals who declare that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to finally switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was originally a little worried concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin using more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have actually demonstrated observing a shinier layer, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, boosted power and also– in many cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I discover any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all general indicators of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t immediately see up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking as well as scratching . I really did not make any type of particular note or observations concerning his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and scraping a lot even more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, indicating that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will explore various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The specific cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as initiative saved considering that you will not need to on a regular basis see PetSmart and also haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could also imply fewer trips to the vet’s office, conserving major cash money with time and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of trying out and also trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may relieve some health and wellness problems and allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most challenge toys
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly offer Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs that are particular eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth assessing and attempting on your own if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he adored the food, as well as it looks like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet don’t forget, you can also obtain amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the bargains mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?