Is Ollie Dog Food Available In Canada
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, and far better general health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of real animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that lots of pets that have actually previously suffered some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the number one ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious components.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip evaluation too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his consumes– simply a good reason to round off the gelato), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I have to say– really, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more with no gradual transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine folks who declare that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might concern not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of problem playthings, I was initially a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp and also sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to start utilizing much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have actually born witness seeing a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergies, boosted power and– in many cases– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all basic signs of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t right away observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking as well as damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and scratching much even more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will trying out various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and also initiative saved given that you will not require to frequently visit PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can likewise mean fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, saving significant cash gradually as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least trying as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more possible, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + might relieve some health problems and also allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many challenge toys
- Slightly a lot more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog terrific grub, most definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an outstanding component listing. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any dog, owners of dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying as well as assessing on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any kind of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he loved the food, and also it feels like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get great discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?