Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as much better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of actual pet healthy protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that lots of dogs that have formerly experienced some belly concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the leading component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy components.
Ollie supplies four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to claim– actually, actually helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more with no steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always question people that claim that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might concern not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was originally a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and wet , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just determined to start utilizing extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible tool to use along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is extremely relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have demonstrated observing a shinier layer, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced power and– in many cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I notice any type of sort of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t immediately see till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking and damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any specific note or monitorings concerning his itching.
But, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping far more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining expense vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and also initiative conserved given that you will not need to routinely go to PetSmart and also lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can likewise mean fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious money gradually and also possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of trying out and attempting with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some health and wellness issues and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge playthings
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a excellent option for any dog, owners of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth evaluating and also trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he loved the food, and it appears like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those huge puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can additionally get wonderful discount rates on your first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?