Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Many proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, as well as far better total wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of real animal healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that lots of dogs that have actually previously experienced some tummy issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the number one ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe contains a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious components.
Ollie supplies four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– just a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I go through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to claim– really, truly valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question individuals that claim that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never gained any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or rests till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely seems to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and damp , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to begin using extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have born witness discovering a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergies, improved energy as well as– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all general signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not promptly see till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his scraping and licking . I really did not make any type of certain note or monitorings regarding his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and scratching a lot even more than he did in the past.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will explore various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond many pet parents’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as effort conserved considering that you will not need to routinely check out PetSmart as well as carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might additionally suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving severe cash money gradually and also potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at least trying as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more possible, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + may relieve some health issues and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for careful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with most challenge toys
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog great grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of canines that are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth trying as well as evaluating on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, and it appears like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you may have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain superb discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?