Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and better general health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of genuine animal protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that numerous canines that have formerly experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his consumes– simply a excellent justification to round off the gelato), I check out the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to claim– really, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to another with no gradual change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine people that claim that a particular brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never made any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely appears to show that he’s a large follower. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of challenge toys, I was originally a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start utilizing more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is extremely comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have demonstrated observing a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergies, boosted power and– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general indications of enhanced wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not instantly see until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and also scraping . I didn’t make any certain note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and also scratching much even more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of many pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves taking into consideration several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and initiative conserved because you won’t need to consistently visit PetSmart and haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can also indicate less trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving major cash money in time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at least trying out as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might relieve some wellness issues as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with most challenge playthings
- A little more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a try if you desire to supply your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an remarkable ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great choice for any dog, owners of dogs that are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth examining and also attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, as well as it appears like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those huge puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain fantastic discount rates on your first order of Ollie with a few of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?