Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Several proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, and also far better total wellness for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of real animal healthy protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that many canines that have previously experienced some stomach problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty components.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his consumes– simply a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I have to state– truly, really valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more with no gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question individuals who assert that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever earned any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or rests till I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of challenge toys.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also wet , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply determined to start making use of a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite amazing tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and the licking activity is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergies, boosted power and also– in many cases– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of improved health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not right away discover till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy child for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking as well as scratching . I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly try out various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and effort saved since you will not need to frequently go to PetSmart as well as lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might additionally suggest fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving severe cash money gradually as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at least attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food much more possible, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + may relieve some wellness concerns and allergy issues
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with most challenge playthings
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a shot if you want to supply your dog terrific grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an remarkable component list. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any kind of dog, owners of canines that are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth attempting as well as assessing for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he adored the food, and it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those huge puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog ( larger dogs need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But do not forget, you can likewise obtain amazing discounts on your initial order of Ollie with several of the offers stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?