Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, as well as far better general health for their pets.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of actual animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does seem that lots of pet dogs that have previously endured some stomach problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty components.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– simply a good reason to round off the gelato), I read through the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I have to say– really, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more without any gradual transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I always question people that assert that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever earned any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly seems to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as wet , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just chose to start using much more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding tool to use together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and the licking motion is extremely relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to observing a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergies, enhanced power and– in some cases– even some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I observe any type of type of modification in Remy? I did see a few large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic indicators of improved health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t immediately observe till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and also scraping . I really did not make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot even more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, indicating that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and also needs of your dog, however Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and initiative saved because you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might additionally mean fewer trips to the vet’s office, conserving serious cash in time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of a minimum of trying out and attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might relieve some wellness concerns and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not need mindful managing like raw food does, while still supplying some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of puzzle playthings
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to provide your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an excellent ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any dog, proprietors of dogs that are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at the very least worth attempting as well as assessing on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any type of incredible changes in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he was crazy about the food, as well as it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Be careful– you may have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can also get amazing discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?