Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, as well as better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of genuine animal healthy protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does appear that several pet dogs that have actually formerly endured some stomach issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the number one component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a good reason to finish off the gelato), I go through the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I need to say– actually, actually valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual change is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question folks that assert that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might concern not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever earned any sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or rests until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly appears to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of problem toys.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and also sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just determined to begin making use of extra LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and the licking activity is very calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have testified to observing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergies, enhanced power and– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any type of kind of change in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less stinky– all general signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t instantly notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his licking as well as scratching . I really did not make any type of specific note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and damaging far more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will trying out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and also needs of your dog, however Ollie costs roughly anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and initiative saved because you will not require to consistently check out PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could also mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant cash with time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of a minimum of experimenting as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some health issues and allergy issues
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle toys
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly give Ollie a try if you want to offer your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any dog, owners of dogs who are fussy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth attempting and evaluating for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any incredible modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he adored the food, and it seems like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But do not forget, you can additionally obtain wonderful discounts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the offers mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?