How To Prepare Ollie Dog Food
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, as well as better general wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does seem that many pets that have previously suffered some belly problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the leading component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie provides four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– simply a excellent justification to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I have to claim– really, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional with no steady transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always question people that declare that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might relate to not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever earned any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried about switching to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and wet , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply made a decision to start making use of extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it exercised great.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is very comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually testified to noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I notice any type of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t quickly discover until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking and also damaging . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging a lot even more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will explore various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as initiative conserved considering that you will not need to routinely go to PetSmart and also lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could likewise indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving significant money over time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of a minimum of attempting and also exploring with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some health and wellness concerns as well as allergy issues
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog fantastic grub, most definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth assessing and also attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he adored the food, and it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can additionally obtain great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?