Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, more energy, and far better total wellness for their pets.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of genuine pet protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does seem that lots of pets that have formerly endured some tummy issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his consumes– simply a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I have to state– truly, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another with no progressive shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly examine people who assert that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever gained any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely seems to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of challenge toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet and also sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to begin using more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have actually born witness seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergies, boosted power and also– in some cases– also some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I see any kind of type of modification in Remy? I did see a few huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general indications of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not instantly observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his licking and also damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any specific note or monitorings regarding his irritation.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly explore various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size as well as needs of your dog, however Ollie costs about anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
However– it deserves thinking about a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and effort conserved because you will not require to on a regular basis see PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can likewise indicate fewer trips to the vet’s office, conserving severe money over time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of a minimum of trying out as well as trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + may ease some wellness concerns and allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not require careful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a shot if you desire to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component listing. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth examining and trying for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any incredible changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog (bigger canines need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet don’t fail to remember, you can likewise obtain amazing price cuts on your first order of Ollie with several of the offers discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?