Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, and better total health for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of actual pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that numerous pets that have actually previously suffered some stomach issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe contains a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious components.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his consumes– simply a good justification to finish off the ice cream), I review the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I need to say– actually, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more without any progressive change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always question people who declare that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might have to do with not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever made any kind of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly appears to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of puzzle toys.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also damp , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply determined to begin using a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it exercised great.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is very soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergies, boosted power and also– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I discover any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all general indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t promptly see till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his scraping and also licking . I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings regarding his itchiness when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and scratching far more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will trying out various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and initiative saved because you won’t require to regularly check out PetSmart and haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could also suggest fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, saving severe cash money over time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of a minimum of exploring and attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + might reduce some health problems as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not require careful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with the majority of problem playthings
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a try if you desire to use your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an impressive ingredient list. While Ollie is a terrific option for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth reviewing and also attempting for yourself if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any type of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it looks like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Be careful– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those large young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain fantastic price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?