Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Several proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more power, as well as much better total health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of genuine pet healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does appear that several canines that have previously suffered some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a great reason to round off the ice cream), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I have to claim– actually, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to another with no steady shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always question individuals that declare that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, before ultimately switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never earned any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in attitude definitely appears to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was originally a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and wet , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just chose to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it exercised great.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is really comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have testified to observing a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, improved power and also– in some cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I discover any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not instantly discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his scratching as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any particular note or observations regarding his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly explore various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time and also effort saved since you will not need to regularly see PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could likewise imply less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe cash money in time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least trying out and trying with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + may relieve some wellness issues and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with many problem toys
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly give Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an excellent active ingredient list. While Ollie is a terrific option for any type of dog, proprietors of canines who are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth assessing and also trying for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he adored the food, and also it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t neglect, you can also obtain wonderful price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the deals mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?