Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, more energy, as well as far better overall wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of genuine pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that many dogs that have actually formerly endured some stomach problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty components.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– just a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I review the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to state– really, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more with no gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly question folks that declare that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might concern not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never earned any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly appears to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried about changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of problem toys.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to begin making use of more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather amazing device to use together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking activity is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have testified to discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and– sometimes– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less smelly– all general indications of enhanced health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not promptly see up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his damaging and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any particular note or observations concerning his irritation.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping far more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will trying out various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, however Ollie costs about anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time as well as effort saved since you won’t require to consistently go to PetSmart as well as lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might additionally indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant money with time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of at the very least trying out and also trying with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + may minimize some health issues and allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need mindful managing like raw food does, while still giving several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with most problem playthings
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog fantastic grub, most definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an outstanding component listing. While Ollie is a great choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of pets who are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying as well as assessing on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he loved the food, as well as it seems like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t neglect, you can likewise get great price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?