Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Several owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, as well as better overall health for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of genuine pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does appear that several pets that have actually formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his consumes– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the gelato), I go through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I have to state– truly, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another with no steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine people who assert that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge toys, I was initially a little worried about changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also wet , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to start using extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is extremely calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergies, enhanced power and also– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I discover any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all general signs of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not quickly observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking as well as scraping . I really did not make any specific note or monitorings regarding his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and also scratching much even more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, showing that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will try out various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will rely on the size and also demands of your dog, however Ollie costs about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
However– it deserves taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating price vs value.
For one, free shipment means time as well as effort conserved considering that you will not need to on a regular basis see PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might also mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe cash money with time and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least trying and also experimenting with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + might reduce some health issues as well as allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for careful handling like raw food does, while still providing several of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with the majority of problem playthings
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog great grub, most definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific option for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying as well as reviewing on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he adored the food, and it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t forget, you can also get amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the deals mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?