How Much Is Ollie Dog Food A Month
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and far better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of actual pet healthy protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does appear that several canines that have previously suffered some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Real meat is the leading ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty components.
Ollie supplies four dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his consumes– just a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to claim– actually, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another with no progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always question folks who assert that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before lastly switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to show that he’s a large follower. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and also sticky , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to start making use of much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is very comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergies, improved energy and– in some cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less smelly– all basic indicators of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t instantly notice until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . I really did not make any particular note or observations concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will trying out other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The specific cost of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be beyond several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating price vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also initiative conserved given that you will not require to frequently go to PetSmart and haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can additionally indicate fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving significant money gradually as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting as well as trying out with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may minimize some health and wellness problems as well as allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for careful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with many challenge playthings
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a shot if you desire to provide your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a great option for any kind of dog, owners of dogs that are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth attempting as well as evaluating on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he loved the food, and also it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t neglect, you can likewise obtain superb discounts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the bargains stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?