Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, more power, as well as better general health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of real pet protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does appear that several pet dogs that have actually formerly endured some tummy concerns or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a great reason to finish off the gelato), I review the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to say– truly, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Much easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more without any progressive shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I always question folks that assert that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can have to do with not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never made any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly seems to show that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of problem toys, I was at first a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet and also sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply determined to begin using much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have demonstrated observing a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergies, improved power as well as– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I observe any sort of change in Remy? I did discover a few big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all basic indicators of enhanced wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t immediately observe till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking and scraping . I didn’t make any type of certain note or observations concerning his itchiness when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and also damaging much more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, totally free delivery means time as well as initiative saved because you won’t need to regularly visit PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can also indicate less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major money in time and also possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might alleviate some health and wellness problems and allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not require cautious managing like raw food does, while still giving several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle playthings
- A little a lot more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog terrific grub, absolutely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pets that are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth reviewing and trying on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he loved the food, as well as it appears like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t forget, you can additionally obtain superb price cuts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the offers discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?