Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Many owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, more power, and far better general health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of actual pet protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does appear that several dogs that have formerly suffered some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the number one active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious components.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his eats– just a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to state– truly, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming piece of food mistake. Easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to another without any progressive change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always question people that claim that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could pertain to not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, before ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never made any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective definitely appears to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was at first a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as wet , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply made a decision to start making use of much more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is very calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have demonstrated observing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in many cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less smelly– all general indications of enhanced health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not instantly discover till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his licking and damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any specific note or observations concerning his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and also damaging much more than he did in the past.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension and also demands of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this may be beyond numerous pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, free delivery means time and also effort saved given that you won’t need to routinely go to PetSmart and carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can additionally mean fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, saving serious money over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying and experimenting with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + may relieve some wellness problems and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not call for mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with a lot of puzzle playthings
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a try if you desire to provide your dog great grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any dog, owners of canines who are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying as well as reviewing on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he adored the food, and it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be careful– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can also obtain superb discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?