Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, more power, and much better total health for their pets.
- Special price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of genuine pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that many dogs that have actually previously experienced some tummy issues or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the number one component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his eats– simply a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I have to state– truly, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food mistake. Much easier cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to another without any progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always examine folks who declare that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, before lastly switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly appears to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was at first a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to begin using more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and the licking movement is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergies, improved energy and– in some cases– also some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I discover any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of improved wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not right away discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking and also scraping . I didn’t make any certain note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and scraping much more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will explore various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
However– it is worth thinking about a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining expense vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and effort saved since you will not require to consistently check out PetSmart and also haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might likewise imply fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe money with time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of a minimum of trying out as well as attempting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some health problems and allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Does not require mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with most problem playthings
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog terrific grub, definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any kind of dog, owners of dogs that are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth trying and examining on your own if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any type of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and also it feels like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you might have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can likewise get wonderful discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?