How Much Does Ollie Dog Food Cost
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more energy, and better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of real animal protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does seem that lots of pet dogs that have actually previously suffered some stomach issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe contains a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his consumes– just a good justification to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I need to claim– actually, really valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional with no steady change is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly question individuals that assert that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, before lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was at first a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just decided to start making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is very soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have testified to observing a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergies, boosted energy as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not right away notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his scraping and also licking . I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations concerning his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly experiment with other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and demands of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and effort saved since you will not require to routinely check out PetSmart as well as haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can also suggest fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving serious cash money in time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at least trying and also exploring with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + might alleviate some health and wellness problems as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for mindful handling like raw food does, while still giving some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with most problem toys
- Somewhat a lot more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog wonderful grub, certainly give Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an impressive ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs that are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth evaluating and also attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those big puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get superb discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?