Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and also far better overall health for their canines.
- Unique discount for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big quantities of actual animal healthy protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does appear that lots of canines that have actually previously suffered some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe contains a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to round off the ice cream), I check out the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to state– really, actually valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more with no steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine individuals that declare that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, before ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever made any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or rests until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in mindset definitely appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was originally a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also wet , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just chose to begin making use of more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is really relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of enhanced health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not immediately observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his scraping and licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping much even more than he did in the past.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size and demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of many pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and initiative saved given that you won’t require to frequently see PetSmart as well as haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can additionally imply fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious cash money gradually and potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of exploring and trying with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + may minimize some health and wellness problems and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Does not call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many problem playthings
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog great grub, most definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component list. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any dog, proprietors of dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at the very least worth attempting as well as assessing on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those huge puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs call for ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also get superb price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?