Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, and also much better general health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of genuine animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that many canines that have actually formerly experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the top active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish has a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his eats– simply a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I have to say– really, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional without any steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question folks who assert that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can concern not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly appears to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of problem playthings, I was originally a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also damp , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to begin making use of much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power and also– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I notice any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t immediately see until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his scraping and also licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
But, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and scratching far more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of many pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as initiative conserved given that you won’t require to regularly check out PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can likewise mean less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant money with time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of attempting and exploring with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + may alleviate some health issues and allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge playthings
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog terrific grub, most definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an excellent ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines that are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth evaluating and trying for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any kind of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he adored the food, and it feels like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those big pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, be careful– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can additionally obtain great price cuts on your first order of Ollie with several of the bargains discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?