Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, more power, and much better general health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of real pet protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that numerous dogs that have formerly suffered some belly concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the top active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his eats– just a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I check out the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to state– truly, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more with no progressive change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly question individuals that claim that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to finally switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of challenge playthings, I was at first a little worried about switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and wet , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to begin making use of extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is very calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have testified to noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I discover any kind of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general indications of improved health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t quickly discover up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his scraping and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of particular note or monitorings concerning his itching.
However, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and damaging much more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, indicating that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly explore other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and effort conserved since you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might additionally indicate less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving significant cash with time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of exploring and also trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + may relieve some health issues and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most puzzle toys
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog terrific grub, certainly provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an excellent ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great choice for any dog, proprietors of dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth reviewing and also trying on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he adored the food, and also it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can additionally get great discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?