Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more power, and much better general health for their canines.
- Special price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers straight distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of genuine animal protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that numerous dogs that have previously suffered some belly concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the top component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his consumes– simply a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– truly, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another with no gradual transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine folks that assert that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might have to do with not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or rests until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get very restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of puzzle toys, I was at first a little worried about switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky as well as wet , many of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to start making use of extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable tool to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and the licking movement is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have actually demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I notice any type of change in Remy? I did see a few large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all general signs of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not instantly observe till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking as well as scraping . I really did not make any particular note or observations regarding his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and damaging a lot even more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been helping with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will explore various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size and also demands of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time as well as effort conserved since you will not require to routinely check out PetSmart as well as haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can likewise mean less journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving significant money gradually as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least experimenting as well as trying with fresh dog food far more possible, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + might ease some wellness problems as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still providing several of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a try if you desire to use your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an excellent ingredient list. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth evaluating and trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he adored the food, and it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can likewise obtain superb discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?